#  Ukrainian Catholic Church of the Sacred Heart Minutes 

 



   ![Ukrainian Catholic Church group photo](/sites/g/files/omnuum4931/files/styles/hwp_1_1__360x360_scale/public/huri/files/ukr_catholic_church.jpg?itok=26_IOca_) 

 

The Ukrainian Catholic Church of the Sacred Heart was the predecessor of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the Holy Trinity. Greek Catholic immigrants from Ukraine, arriving to Boston around 1898, established the St. Peter and Paul Brotherhood, and by 1914 raised enough money to buy a church at 136 Arlington Street. In January 1924, the parish was incorporated under the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. In 1926 Bishop Constantine Bohachevsky ordered the transfer of Rev. Iosyf Pelekhovych from Boston to Detroit, and appointed Rev. Onufrii Kovalski in his place. This appointment created much upheaval in the parish which led the parish to invite an Orthodox priest to become its pastor. The church thus joined the Orthodox Church, and became known as the Holy Trinity Church of Boston. The minutes record attendance, treasurer’s reports, elections, fundraising activities, and other parish business. The early information pertains to the purchase of a new church building, and its subsequent renovations; the later information deals with concerns that led to the conversion of the parish to the Orthodox creed.  
Scope: 1914-1928  
Size: 1 volume [Harvard Library Link](http://id.lib.harvard.edu/aleph/009550457/catalog)



 



 

 See also:- [ Special Collection ](/page-type/special-collection)